Thursday, February 18

The Monokini


Swimsuit season is right around the corner and I am finding out how low my level of self control is when it comes to food. Not even Kate Moss and her motto "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" can help me.







Victoria's Secret Swim


I have loved monokini's since I first saw them a few summers back, back when everyone thought I was crazy. "Think of the tan lines!"
Well let me tell you, you do not wear a monokini to TAN in.


Any fashionista knows:
a) you wear this bathing suit strictly for fashion purposes.
Wear while lounging by the pool and posing for pictures while you are off on your south of the border vacay's.

b) anytime you wear a swimsuit you need to protect your delicate skin. Nobody wants to end up looking like the leather on their Hermès Birkin bag. This is why the spray tan was invented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I love these swimsuits they can be difficult to pull off.
My best advice to avoid looking like a poolside pole dancer:
- stick to one solid color
- no neon or metallic; leave the lamé for Betsey Johnson bags
- keep it simple;
the fewer cutouts the better
- try before you buy